This blog is composed of Christian devotionals and poetry based on geek stuff. The purpose? God’s glory and your encouragement and growth.
I’m Kelly! About me:
- I am attending Texas State University in San Marcos;
- I am majoring in English with a minor in media studies;
- I like dragons, Harry Potter, Pottermore, writing, reading, BBC Sherlock, The Lord of the Rings, astronomy, learning, Avatar: The Last Airbender, Disney, Doctor Who, and Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood;
- I’m the oldest of nine kids, all from the same mom and dad;
- And I’m always up for a cream-filled doughnut.
To close, here’s one of my favorite quotes:
“I wish it need not have happened in my time,” said Frodo.
“So do I,” said Gandalf, “and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.”
J. R. R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring
Thanks for dropping by, friend. Happy reading!
Hello! And I’m Abbie or Abster if you like.
A little about me:
- I’m going to be a Senior this year at my high school
- I would like to go to Texas Christian University in Ft. Worth
- I am a total nerd, and love using references ALL THE TIME
- I read A LOT! Mainly fandom books, such as the Ugly Series, Divergent, Peter and the Starcatchers, etc. BUT I also love the classics: To Kill a Mockingbird, Jane Eyre, Uncle Tom’s Cabin, etc. PLUS I am a huge fan of John Green (NerdFighters, don’t forget to be awesome), and the occasional good deep meaning book.
- I tend to think in a wide range. For example, I enjoy math and science (and am good at them in school), but I could be captivated by a museum full of paintings and find the deeper meaning in most of them. I’m a weird kid, I know. I have that right and left brain dominant thing going on.
- I’ve been to Paris on a mission trip (with Kelly, which was the coolest), and New York City for a pre-college program. But I used it as a missions opportunity. (Needless to say, I’m captivated with seeing the world, and London is next on the list..hopefully.)
- I have one younger sister..big difference from Kelly. LOL
- I also thoroughly enjoy Disney.
- My mom past away on September 2, 2012, and I look for every opportunity to make her story known. Don’t be afraid to ask me about her! I’ll be more than happy to share!! 😀
- I am a fan of about everything, and if I haven’t read/watched it yet, it’s probably on my list already.
- Oh, and I say these two things a lot: To Him Be Glory and Make Him Famous.
“You want weapons? We’re in a library! Books! The best weapons in the world!”
— The Doctor, Season 2, Episode 2
“It is our choices, Harry, that show us what we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
— Albus Dumbledore
“When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change.”
— Avatar Aang in Legend of Korra